(a) All pleadings and papers presented for filing must be flat, unfolded, firmly bound together at the top, on white paper of standard quality, not less than 16-lb. weight and 8 1/2 × 11 inches in size. All papers must be typewritten or prepared by some other duplication process that will produce clear and permanent copies equally legible to printing. All print size shall not be smaller than size 12-pitch font for pleadings and papers created on a computer or 10 pica for pleadings and papers created on a typewriter. All or part of a pleading or paper may be legibly printed by hand at the discretion of the court. Carbon or photocopies may not be filed, except as provided in paragraphs (d) and (f) of this rule. Only one side of the paper may be used.
All original papers shall be stamped ORIGINAL, centered 1/2 to 5/8 inches from the top edge of the paper.
The lines on each page must be double-spaced, except that descriptions of real property may be single-spaced. All quotations of more than 50 words must be indented and single-spaced. Pages must be numbered consecutively at the bottom. Lines of pages must be numbered in the left margin which shall measure one inch in width.
(b) No original pleading or paper may be amended by making erasures or interlineations thereon, or by attaching slips thereto, except by leave of court.
(c) The following information shall appear upon the first page of every paper presented for filing, single-spaced:
(1) The document code (list of document codes available at the office of the Clerk of the Court), the name, Nevada State Bar identification number, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address of the attorney and of any associated attorney appearing for the party filing the paper; and whether such attorney appears for the plaintiff, defendant, or other party, or the name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address of a party appearing in proper person, shall be set forth to the left of center of the page beginning at line 1. If a proper person party does not have a fax number, and/or e-mail address he or she may so indicate with “no fax number” and/or “no e-mail address.” The space to the right of center shall be reserved for the filing marks of the clerk.
CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
(2) The title of the court shall appear at the center of the page at line 5 or lower below the information required by paragraph (1), as follows:
CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA
(3) Below the title of the court shall appear in the space to the left of center, line 8 or lower, the name of the action or proceeding, e.g.:
(4) In the space to the right of center at line 10, shall appear the case number, the department number and/or letter, and the Docket as follows:
Case No. A 999999
Dept. No. I or A
(5) The title of the pleading, motion or other document must be typed or printed center on the page directly below the name of the parties to the action or proceeding. The title must be sufficient in description to apprise the respondent and clerk of the nature of the document filed, or the relief sought, e.g. Plaintiff’s Motion to Compel Answers to Interrogatories; Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment against Plaintiff John Doe; Order Granting Plaintiff Doe’s Motion for Summary Judgment against Defendant Roe.
For the convenience of the court and the parties, the same title used on the papers must appear on all calendars at the time of the hearing.
CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA
Case No. A 000000
Dept. No. II or A
MOTION, ORDER, REPLY,
Date of Hearing:
Time of Hearing:
(6) If the paper to be filed is a response, reply or other document related to a matter which has already been set for hearing but not yet heard, the time and date of the hearing shall appear immediately below the title of the paper.
(d) All exhibits attached to pleadings or papers must be 8 1/2 inches x 11 inches in size. Exhibits which are smaller must be affixed to a blank sheet of paper of the appropriate size. Exhibits which are larger than 8 1/2 x 11 inches must be reduced to 8 1/2 x 11 inches or must be folded so as to measure 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size. All exhibits attached to pleadings or papers must clearly show the exhibit number immediately preceding the exhibit on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of white paper. If a courtesy copy is delivered to the Judge’s chambers, all exhibits attached to pleadings or papers must be clearly divided by a tab. Plaintiffs must use numerical designations and defendants must use alphabetical designations. Copies of exhibits must be clearly legible and not unnecessarily voluminous. Original documents must be retained by counsel for introduction as exhibits at the time of a hearing or at the time of trial rather than attached to pleadings.
(e) When a decision of the Supreme Court of the State of Nevada is cited, the citation to Nevada Reports must be given together with the citation to West’s Pacific Reporter and the year of the decision. Whenever a decision of an appellate court of any other state is cited, the citation to West’s Regional Reporter System must be given together with the state and the year of decision. When a decision of the Supreme Court of the United States is cited, at least one parallel citation and year of decision must be given. When a decision of the court of appeals or of a district court or other court of the United States has been reported in the Federal Reporter System, that citation, court and year of decision must be given.
(f) The clerk must not accept for filing any pleadings or documents which do not comply with this rule, but for good cause shown, the court may permit the filing of noncomplying pleadings and documents. Paragraph (a), except as to the size of paper and that only one side of the paper may be used, and paragraph (c) of this rule do not apply to printed pleadings or documents furnished by the clerk, the district attorney, the public defender or a self-help center established by the court. If the pleading or document is more than two pages, the pleading or document should use numbered pages and paragraphs.
[Amended; effective November 10, 2014.]