(a) Consolidated cases.
(1) Motions for consolidation of two or more cases must be heard by the judge assigned to the case first commenced. If consolidation is granted, the consolidated case will be heard before the judge ordering consolidation.
(2) Documents filed subsequent to consolidation shall list only the caption and case number of the lowest-numbered case.
(3) Each document will inclyde on the certificate of service the following additional information: “This document applies to Case No. _________ ” and will list all applicable case numbers and parties.
(4) The clerk shall file documents only in the lowest case number so listed.Coordinated cases.
(b) Coordinated cases.
(1) Motions for the handling of two or more cases in a coordinated fashion or for consolidation for less than all purposes must be heard by the judge assigned to the case first commenced. If coordination is granted. the coordinated case will be heard before the judge ordering coordination.
(2) Documents filed subsequent to the coordination shall list all case numbers and captions. with the lowest number appearing first. and the clerk shall be provided sufficient copies for each case number so listed.
(C) Regardless of any other provision in these rules. The chief judge shall have the authority to order the consolidation or coordination of any cases pending in the district.
[Amended; effective January 4, 2010.]